Monday, May 28, 2007

Its All in the Numbers...

I am sitting here less than a week before my half marathon. I only have two 3 miles run before I take a few days off. The Heart of the City Half Marathon is on Saturday and admittedly I am feeling a bit anxious about it. The most I have ever run has been 11 miles. This race is that plus 2.2 miles. Very doable. My main goal is to finish and my secondary goal is to finish under 2 hours. I believe it will be tough but within reach (just went 8.25 miles at an 8:54 pace). I would just need to keep it up for another 4 some miles.

I wonder if I'm ready. Today I had a 5 miler that didn't go as smoothly as I hoped and I am still a little banged up (while I am typing I am icing both shin splints). I am just happy that I kept track of everything with my Garmin. That is what tells me I am ready. I started training on March 7th and at the time of the run next weekend this is what I will have done: (1) Lost nearly 30 lbs (2) Ran 242 miles for a total of 39 hours 30 minutes and burned 45300 calories and (3) Set a 5k PR by over 7 minutes!

If at all I question my ability to run next weekend I need to look at how I prepared and know that I did the best I could have done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You'll do great, honey!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.