Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Season recap so far...

Well as noted in the first post I have been training since March 7. I ran my first race in September 2006 which was a 1o mile run in White Bear called Bear Water Run...I finished with a time around 1:32:00 which was pretty good for the first one ever. The next two were short fun 5k runs called The Race Against Racism and Reindeer Run which were in September and December of 2006 respectively. I have had the chance to run one race so far this year. The race was The Race for Justice and was on April 15, 2007. The race started at Nicollet Island in Mpls and made its way around the island, down Hennepin Ave bridge and then back over the Stone Arch Bridge. Several days before I developed shin splints from using my old shoes so needless to say this was a very slow and fairly painful event. I ran with my friend Katrina who was also injured but we held up ok though and finished with a time of 32:25. Wasn't the fastest I have ran but I still finished in the middle of the pack. The weather was great and my fiance was there for moral support and to enjoy the weather!

That sums the currently race season up so far. Right now I am registered for the Melopremene 5k on May 5th in St. Paul and the Heart of the City Half Marathon on June 2nd in Burnsville.

I had my weigh in today and only lost .6 lbs which brought me under 230 for the first time in awhile. Total weight loss so far is 18lbs. Only 34 more to go!

No comments: