Friday, June 8, 2007

Weigh In and Injury Update

Well its been a week since my half marathon. I have not done much and have not run at all until today. I had weigh in this morning and posted little over a pound gain. It's not ideal but I suppose it has to do with being off the road for a few days and eating the same has I had been when training at an intense level. During the half at mile 11 my IT Band tightened up and I had been struggle with knee pain since.

Like any good student I did my homework and spend about the last week icing and stretching for an hour a day. The last few days it had felt better but I attempted to go a mile on it this morning and the pain persisted. I thought more about it and figured I had just woken up and was accustomed to stretching after I run. That means that I ran on it when it was cold and tight. So...to make a long story short I went back to the gym tonight stretched out my IT Band before I ran and went to miles with hardly any soreness or pain. Hopefully I am on the upswing because having sunny 70 degree whether does not bode well I am couped up with an injury! Wish me luck!

No comments: