Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cellcom Green Bay Marathon

Well, marathon #2 is complete! The weather was in the low 50's and sunny! It could not have been better! The run started outside of Lambeau Field at 7:30 am. The first half of the course was through several neighborhoods in Green Bay. At the half way point the 4000 runners veered to the 13.1 finish and 1800 of us continued on to the 2nd half of the course. The 2nd half was along the Fox River. There was fairly decent crowd support throughout the whole marathon. The wall party at mile 20 was quite impressive with a giant inflatable wall and people that cheered several deep. I felt really good until mile 22 and all of a sudden locked up. The next 4 miles I was reduced to a hobble and a walk. The last half mile wrapped through Lambeau Field. Upon leaving Lambeau I noticed the finish line at the horizon and sprinted through the rest of the way. I finished with a time of 4:33:05. Although it was slower than I had hoped, I kept repeated the Pre mantra which held true, "I don't run to see who is the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts." Although I was no where near the fastest, I pushed myself beyond my perceived abilities which is what the marathon is all about!

No comments: