Monday, January 28, 2008

Let the training begin....

To those of you who don't know, I registered for Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota on June 21, 2008. My brother will also be joining me on this awesome journey! The race is 26.2 miles from Two Harbors to Duluth. If anyone is interested in details check out the website at www.grandmasmarathon.com. The plan is to follow a training plan from Marathoning for Mortals by John Bingham. The plan seems adequete but not was demanding on some of the other plans I have used for the half marathons. The goal is not time but to finish the first one without injury along the way. I have learned alot about my body over the last year and realize what I can or cannot handle. Tenatively I am planning a on a 10 mile race in March and another 13.1 mile race in April. More details to come! Check back often because I am pumped and can't wait to start training next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.