Sunday, July 1, 2007

I would walk 500 miles...eh I mean run?

Well just noticed a neat fact today. It was exactly a year ago when I bought my first pair of running shoes and started training for my first race. Since then I have logged 506 miles and ran in 6 different races! I was able to eclipse the 500 mile mark today on my anniversary of running! My goal for the next year is 800 miles which averages to be around 16 miles a week. Overall it has gone fairly well. Mild shin splints and IT Band friction have sidelined me for about a month total but I have done well bouncing back and getting on the road.

Speaking of getting on the road, I went 7 miles for my long run today outside with no pain! To top it, I went shirtless a good portion of the run which I wouldn't have done in March! Things are looking up and I am leaving for vacation tomorrow morning to Rhode Island. Yes. I am bringing the running shoes and am planning to get a few miles logged across the country! Good mood can't you tell! Peace.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I have to say I am inspired by your weight loss success. That is awesome. And your goal to be fit. I started a journey similar myself, and have lost about 45 pounds in 10 months. Congrats to you! I still have more to goal, and have "peaked", but I know I need to alter my diet once again.

Blog surfing, btw.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!